Monday 4 March 2013

My 20th birthday!

It's been a little while since I've posted and that's because it's been my birthday! I turned 20 on Friday and this week has been all about celebrating! On Monday we went to the Varsity ice hockey match between Coventry and Warwick which was brilliant and we won! I had a few ciders and a dance with the big foam finger. It was a great night!





Wednesday we went out to the SU after a little party at ours before. I wore my Jones and Jones dress with a sash that my friend tally got me (sorry about the awful picture!). Although the dress is quite short we had a spray tan on Wednesday so I felt good in it! I managed to get a voucher so it was only £15 instead of £25. It was a really good night but I felt like death the next day and not even pulp fiction and super noodles could cure my hangover!


Friday was my actual birthday and I woke up and had my favourite breakfast of muffins with scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and cream cheese which was delicious! Sadly I had to go into Uni to pitch our event idea to the first year students but we were done quickly and headed round town where I spent far too much money on a jacket, bag, pj's and some bargains from boots. So much so that when I went to Iceland they had to ring the bank to authorise my card! We then went to Leamington to get my hair cut as I had bought a Groupon voucher the week before but I will do another post on that! In the evening the girls came over for a sleepover and we ended up just chatting! At midnight we did the cake (a Colin the caterpillar!) and then it was an early night as we were all knackered from Wednesday! In the morning I made everyone breakfast and then got on the train home.



On Saturday I met mum in Milton Keynes and we drove to Bedford to do some charity shopping. I got some great bargains, all the birthday presents for my friend izzy which only came to £5.75. I got her a top, make up bag and a cocktail glass for her new house. I also got a brand new top from next which was £4.75 and a dress from warehouse which has a small hole in that I'm sure I can fix which was only £2 after I asked for a discount! We then went for lunch and I had a prawn jacket potato which is the first one I've had since being told to change my diet (despite them giving me potato a lot in hospital!) and I felt fine. We then did some more shopping and had some treatments, I got gel nails done and mum had some threading. In the evening some of the girls went over to izzys and we had a few drinks. I had some of my German 'wodka' from cologne!


On Sunday I saw my dad and we went for dinner at the Hermitage in Hitchin. It was delicious and I will write another post about that too! Overall it's been an amazing week and I feel very lucky and also exhausted!





No comments:

Post a Comment