Friday 29 March 2013

March Charity/Boots Shopping

Today we decided to do some shopping as there were a few bits from boots I wanted to get. We ventured into Bedford as I'm hoping to do my driving test there soon and wanted to get to know the roads there a little bit better. Bedford is also great for charity shops as there are lots close together but unfortunately it is good Friday so most of them were closed, however I did manage to pick up a couple of bargains.


This blazer is more of a pastel colour but I saw it and thought it would be great for spring! It fits really nicely and looks far more expensive than it was. It cost me £6.99 which I personally think is a little bit steep for a charity shop but if it was in a regular chain then it would seem like a bargain! From the same shop I also got this 'hug a mug' which I think would make a great gift! It was £1.99 and has never been used (it still has the label on it!) The final thing I bought was this crochet DVD for £1, I have been wanting to start a new project and heard good things about how simple crochet is so when I saw this I decided to pick it up and go for it!



Recently whenever I go into boots I find myself stocking up on lots of things despite always clearing out my toiletries and trying to get rid of them! Before I left I saw this post on Savvy Annie about the free tub of soap and glory 'butter yourself' and as I love a good freebie (especially ones that involve soap and glory!) I decided to get it. You had to spend over £10 on their products not including facial skincare or cosmetics which is a shame as I love their cleanser so I decided to follow Annie and get the 3 for 2 on travel miniatures  which will be good to add to a gift! I also had 2 vouchers, one to get the new 17 mascara for £2 and another that gave you one of their eyeshadows for only £1! The 17 products were on 3 for 2 as well so I picked up this lip stain. When I got to the til the lip stain went through last and was the cheapest of the products before the vouchers were used to I got those 3 products for £3! I also bought some hair dye which was 2 for £9 and some of the botanics face scrub which was on off for £2.69. A good shop!

2 comments:

  1. That blazer is so perfect for spring and what a bargain! You did well with the Soap and Glory bits there - I saw that offer too and was really tempted!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know its a great offer you should go for it! xx

      Delete