Wednesday 6 March 2013

Hospital appointment

Today has definitely been the most disappointing hospital appointment so far. I went in there expecting to be finally off steroids and say bye bye to the moonface for good. But no, because of the last couple of days of not feeling my best and my blood tests still showing inflammation my doctor thinks I may be about to have a mini flare and has decided it's safer to keep me on steroids for anther month and then reduce the dose. So I am now back up to 4 tablets a day after weaning myself off then over the last few weeks. The azathioprine I'm on has also been increased as I have once again gained more weight. Not good! I know it is all to help me and I'm very lucky that I am reacting quite well to these tablets instead of going onto something else but it's so frustrating when you expect one outcome but it's completely different to what actually happens. Over the next few weeks I am expecting lots of lovely side effects so no doubt they will be posted on my blog. Brace yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment