Thursday 7 March 2013

Haircut at Vintage Zsa

The other night whilst on groupon I saw a voucher for a cut, blow dry and conditioning treatment at a salon called Vintage Zsa in leamington. After going on the website and seeing how nice it looked I decided to bite the bullet and buy the voucher for only £16.

On the website this is how the salon is described...

'My salon is a beautiful, vintage homely haven, where you can enjoy English tea, homemade cupcakes, fair trade filter coffee or a relaxing glass of wine whilst taking advantage of my expertise in all aspects of hair'

But actually it was very different! We arrived 15 minutes early to find an empty shop with all the lights off. After trying to work out what was going on I rung the shop and was given the number for rich the stylist who I rung but he didn't answer. He then pulled up outside the salon (just as we started to panic!) He let us in and showed us down to the basement where the empty salon was. It was very small and hasn't been cleaned that well but had a really nice vintage decor that could have looked really good! There were no drinks offered or cupcakes and we had music played from his phone. The conditioning treatment was just a normal conditioner! However Rich the stylist was lovely and I really can't fault what he has done to my hair. It looks healthy and neat and it is exactly what I asked for so I am very pleased about that. I think in the right environment it could be really good but that salon isn't quite there yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment