Monday 14 January 2013

Shingles update

This week I have neglected my blog a little bit (and myself if I'm honest). I came back to university on Friday night and it's been difficult to settle in whilst at the same time testing how far I can push myself. Having shingles on top of that and being taken off azathioprine has not made it easy! I have finished the tablets and the rash is definitely healing but now it is the most painful as some of the scabs come off and there's fresh skin underneath (disgusting I know). Through out this week I have tried a few methods pain relief to get through the night as its been difficult to sleep. Some of these worked great, some a little too well and some I didn't feel the affect of at all. That is another blog post completely and one I probably won't share for awhile! I have also noticed this week that my emotions have been all over the place. Clearly my body is getting used to being pumped full of drugs and then having them taken away has shocked it. There is information online about chronic pain and shingles being linked to depression, although I don't think it's going to get that far I can tell that I'm not myself. I am looking forward to starting the azathioprine again tomorrow as I could feel it working and it might help balance me out again! I am hoping that having the 10k run to focus on will level me out and keep me from feeling too down.

No comments:

Post a Comment