Thursday 31 January 2013

Motivation

This week has been a very productive week in our house and everyone seemed to be motivated to sort things out for the next year! Me and Tally made the decision to put our deposits down for the student accommodation that we were looking at in Coventry. It is £125 a week which is about £40 more expensive than our house at the moment but as it is bills included and is next to the uni buildings we go to we will probably be paying around the same with taxis, tv licence, internet and bills factored in. I am really pleased with the decision as I think it will make next year a lot easier for me. My lectures are a couple of minutes walk away and I am also next to the library which is good for when I come to do my dissertation. I can get to town in 10 mins and everything else is very close. There will also be less stress as I don't have to worry about paying bills and whether other people in the house will pay me back on time! Overall it's the best place for me to be in my final year. I do wonder if I didn't get crohns would I have considered it as an option but this is just one of many things that has had to be changed and considered now. 

The other good news is that I have my job back at Odeon! I worked there over the summer doing a few shifts in the week and really enjoyed it before I started to get ill. I love working on the screens and being able to catch different bits of the films and I haven't been to the cinema since I worked there. I called my manager on Monday and although she said they were expecting to hear from me sooner they had saved my job for me which I am so grateful for! They were very understanding when I gave them my conditions for coming back (2 shifts a week, up to 6 hours to start, no working on retail) and I go back on Saturday! I really can't wait to start feeling abit more normal but I know I need to be careful and not push myself too quickly. 


I have also booked an appointment to meet with the health and well being officer at Uni to see if there are any ways to make my time at uni a little bit easier and to help me apply for disabled students living allowance which would really help.

Tomorrow I am planning to visit somewhere very exciting and I cant wait to share it with you I just hope it goes to plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment