Saturday 19 January 2013

Crohns in Cologne

When I was first diagnosed with crohns everything seemed like it was a first again, my first meal with crohns, my first night out with crohns, and now I am preparing for my first trip abroad with crohns. Tomorrow I am meant to be visiting Cologne, Germany with my University and honestly I am very scared! Travelling abroad is exciting but scary and when it's your first time travelling with an inflammatory bowel disease and a bag full of prescription medicine you can't forget to take it makes it even worse. Add in the snow causing possible delays and cancellations and you have a disaster waiting to happen.

Stress affects crohns so I am trying to keep calm and concentrate on being excited and getting the opportunity to visit a new country. I hope I have done as much as I can to make the trip run smoothly but this will be a test for me and my illness!

Does anyone have any advice for travelling abroad?

No comments:

Post a Comment