Thursday 17 January 2013

Manuka honey

I've heard a lot about manuka honey recently, most of it very positive so I thought it was about time I tried it. Millie Mackintosh from made in Chelsea talks about the skin care range a lot on her blog but it is quite expensive. The honey can start at around £8 for a small jar. You can get manuka honey from Holland and Barrett and it's currently in their penny sale however the honey I have was given to me. It also contains ginger which is known to settle the stomach. Its a known anti inflammatory which is why is has been linked to crohns disease.

It wasn't the consistency I was expecting, it is more solid than regular honey and has quite large pieces of ginger in. I had mine with some Greek yoghurt and to be honest it wasn't very nice but think that was the ginger! I did finish it and will be trying it again but maybe in a different way such as on toast or just by eating a spoonful. Tonight I've eaten tomatoes which normally make my stomach hurt but tonight it feels fine, whether I'm getting better or it's the honey I'm not sure but I will keep eating the stuff and get back to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment