Friday 1 February 2013

Warwick Sports

A few posts ago I mentioned the Bupa 10k i'm running in May for Crohns and Colitis UK, now that i'm feeling well again its time to start training! As it has been a while since I have done any real running I needed some new shoes and after contacting Warwick Sports they were kind enough to sponsor me them to get me going. I made the journey into Warwick today (which is lovely, if you haven't been I would suggest you do!) to go and see Ray to discuss what I would need. The store is really easy to get to with a huge range of sports goods and helpful staff. We tried on a few pairs and it turns out I needed a size bigger than I thought! In the end we settled on a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12 which felt great and far better than any other running shoe I have worn before. Ray also gave me some running socks to go with them as my trainer socks didn't really cut it! I picked up a pair of black Ronhill leggings that fitted great and will be better to run in than my tracksuit. They were generous enough to sponsor me with as well.

I am overwhelmed by their generosity and how helpful they have been with getting me going. As well as the gear they gave some great advice and I left the shop feeling prepared and ready for my run. I'm very excited to start training now and plan on my first run tomorrow morning, I will definitely be posting more updates as soon as I get going! 

I really couldn't recommend Warwick Sports more, you can find them on their website HERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment