Monday 31 December 2012

New Years Resolutions

I have to write the compulsory post at News Year about what my resolutions are going to be. I know for most people they are rubbish but I love them! They give you a good focus and I do believe that a new year can mean a new start. This year has had a lot of low points and next year I want to be much better, I have high expectations as it really cant be difficult to improve on 2012! 

My Resolutions:

  • Keep Healthy. Most people start the year thinking they will join a gym or eat food that's good for them but realistically I wont do either of those things. I don't have the energy or the money to join a gym but I would like to get back into running when I feel stronger. With food its difficult being on a low fibre diet and not being able to eat leafy greens means I have to look elsewhere to get enough fruit and veg into my diet. Next year I want to make sure i'm eating the right foods that don't cause me to flare up but will make sure i'm not piling on weight! I also plan on writing some posts about it to see how i'm doing.
  • Treat myself more. I have a bad habit of buying or being given nice things and then never using them or just saving them for 'special' occasions. Sometimes its nice to spoil yourself especially when you aren't feeling well so next year i'm going to use my stuff before someone else gets to it first! 
  • Be more involved in the Crohns community. Although I haven't been diagnosed for long the amount of support that I've had is incredible. Whether its a question on something or some advice there are so many people out there willing to give their time and answer you. Next year I would love to get more involved in the Crohns charities and help to raise some money. It would be great to involve it with my Event Management course to help raise awareness and get some experience. I also want to carry on with the blog and hopefully help it reach more people! 
What are your resolutions? Are they the same as mine? 

No comments:

Post a Comment