Thursday 2 May 2013

The big one

Yesterday was my biggest and best day at the hospital so far. After being off steroids for a week and feeling better than I have in a long time I couldn't wait to go and see my gastro nurse to find out what the next step for me was. Before seeing Deborah I was weighed (I've lost weight!) and measured (I've grown an inch!) and then we went to her office to talk about how I've been recently. My previous blood test showed that my bloods were normal, however Tuesdays showed some inflammation but this is normal for someone who has just come off steroids. I don't really have any symptoms at the moment and the good news is I have been taken off all my medication except Azathioprine and Humira isn't on the cards for me yet!

The other great news is that Deborah agreed I can go interrailing so we booked our tickets and are going on June 5th! I can't believe it is actually happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment