Wednesday 28 November 2012

A month on Meds


On Saturday it will have been a month since I came out of hospital where I was diagnosed with Crohns and things are definitely much better! I'm having more good days than bad and some days when I forget i'm even ill at all. I've been able to go and visit Coventry which I didn't think I would manage for awhile but its also shown me that I do need to take it easy and i'm not as strong as I was before. I get tired quickly and my legs ache but I hope that when I come back to University in January I will be able to cope. Since coming out of hospital I've been on some medication which I think has been working for me. These are Entocort which I take 3 capsules but will only be 2 next month, 1 capsule of Omeprazole and 2 Adcal tablets (my new prescription is for tutti-fruiti flavour!)  All the tablets are fine but its taken some time to get used to not being able to eat an hour after I've taken them! It means getting up an hour before I want to eat breakfast! 
Hopefully i'm going back to see the gastroenterologist in a couple of weeks and then I have an MRI scan on Friday and that will be it until the new year which is exciting. I can see in myself the progress I've made, not just with how much better I feel but how well I can cope with things. I was terrified of needles and couldn't get a blood test but now the thought doesn't scare me, I might even look into giving blood! Things are definitely looking up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment