Saturday 17 August 2013

Upcycling

If anyone was watching Kirstie Allsopps new series I'm sure you will have caught the upcycling bug! Its something I've always been curious about but never really had the chance to get stuck into. Over summer I had a couple of projects (that explains the sunshine in the pictures!) so I thought I would share what I've been up to.

This wooden table on wheels originally held my towels and books on it but I needed something in my room for the TV. I hated the colour and it didn't go in the room but instead of throwing it away and spending money I thought I would have a go at updating it.


We had a tub of white paint in the shed and some sandpaper so I gave it a sand down and a few coats of the paint. As the weather was warm it dried quickly and by the end of the day it went back in the room! It now fits in much better with the room and I didn't have to spend any money on new furniture!


This table was a find from a skip that I spotted walking to my friends house. We could see the chairs and I ended up knocking on the door and squeezing it all into the car! It was a horrible brown colour similar to the table above! We sanded it all down and gave it a couple of coats of 'Milky Coffee' paint from Wilkinsons durable range. Mum did originally have a table in the dining room but it was big and took up alot of the room so we sold it on eBay and replaced it with this. So not only did we make money we got a new table for the cost of a few hours and a tin of paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment